Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ian Macdonald (Young boy coal miner)

This decision only appeals to the actual business owners, and does not help the greater people, therefore is against utilitarianism. I may not love being a coal miner, but it really is all I have, and the only thing I have left or else me and my mother die. Taking the jobs out of the country would mean I would be unemployed. Also, many others would be unemployed. Part of the American dream is to be able to find new jobs and be able to thrive in this country. With jobs moving out of the country the only people thriving are those owning the business and gaining more profit by cheaply creating goods. These cheaper products help out the countries we have making the products, yet the majority of citizens here are left to wither away without jobs. I do not think that moving the jobs away from the country is what is best for the majority, and it is an extremely selfish doing on the business owners' part. With so many people willing to work right in our own backyard, it is foolish to move work. If their income was decreased for the general welfare of the people in their own country, that should be something that the owners are willing to face. This country must work together with its own people if we expect to survive. We cannot be so selfish.

1 comment:

  1. - 1st person to blog 3 times in a row... You could say I'm on a roll

    ReplyDelete