Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Young Boy Coal Miner (Romina Garakani)

Shifting jobs overseas to take advantage of cheap labor sources and natural resources will not be beneficial for  the majority of the citizens. This shift would only benefit the minority of the people. I am a young boy who works in a coal mine. I have no political say in this, but I want my opinion to be out there for people to hear and read. Shifting jobs overseas would increase the unemployment rate. Many people moved to the cities because there was a demand for workers. These people that work these jobs need every last cent they make to pay for their families. The working class does not make enough money and we already live our lives in poverty. If the jobs are shifted overseas, we will all die of starvation because we have no jobs to receive an income. The poverty rate will increase dramatically. It will make our country look bad to other countries. We will leave a bad impression on them. Other countries will not trust us because shifting jobs would not benefit everyone in the country and they would think that the our country is not doing it to benefit the whole, but rather certain individuals. I do not want to lose my job because I want my family to live a life where they are not dying of starvation. I love them to death and I will not allow the shifting of job to overseas be allowed. Why can't we just use the natural resources that we already have? We should be creating even more jobs in our own country. I do not understand why people are trying to do the opposite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment