Thursday, September 26, 2013

Alyssa Kanis: Voltaire

I was born on November 21, 1964 in Paris France to an upper middle class family. I was the youngest out of five children, and at the age of seven our Mother died.This was the time I became close too my free thinking God Father. In 1704 I began too show promise as a writer while I received a classical education at the College Louis- Le- Grand, a secondary school in Paris. I was first exiled to Tulle in 1775. Two years later I returned too Paris only to be arrested and exited too the Bastille for a year. I was then sent to the Bastille again in 1726, before I was finally shipped off to England. In 1773, I fled to Lorraine and in 1759 I wrote the satirical novella Candide. In 1778 I returned too my homeland of Paris where I unfortunately died May 30th of that year. " I die adoring God, loving my friends, not hating my families, and detesting superstition."

No comments:

Post a Comment