Thursday, September 26, 2013

Voltaire (Max Moss)

Hello, my name is Francois-Marie Arouet, also known as Voltaire. I was the youngest of five children being born on February 20, 1694 in Paris, France. My mother had come from a wealthy and noble family in the Province of Poitou. I attended college at Louis-le-Grand, where I learned Latin and Greek. Ill have you know that I was a French Enlightenment writer, Philosopher and Historian. I am famous for my clever remarks, my attacks against the catholic church, but mainly i was known for promoting freedom of speech, religion, and freedom of expression. I was a big promoter of separation between church and state. I enjoyed writer a fair amount. I wrote poems, essays, and novels. Throughout my lifetime I had written almost 20,000 letters and more than 2000 books and pamphlets. I was known to speak my opinion and advocate for freedom of speech. I may not have agreed with what you were saying but I agree that you have every right to say it!

No comments:

Post a Comment