Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thomas Hobbes (Michael Kowalski)

Greetings and salutations lowly peasents and my fellow thinkers. My name is Thomas Hobbes, name after my father. I was born on April 5 1588 in the small town of Malmsbury, England. Sadly I meet my demise in 1626 from a heart attack, dang organ. But besides the fire and brimstone, today in the wonderous year of 2013, I was reincarnated by the merciful Mrs. Garno. My advisor to this new time era says I should make a Frankenstein joke here, but I do not follow the humor. Anyways onto the potatoes and mutton of the subject, I find all people to be evil demons at they're core. People in nature are cruel, greedy, sinful barbarians. This is why we need a political body, to protect the dogs from each other. The only sensible way to go about this is to have a strong government. This is known to be a fact because the more freedom you have is the more freedom you have to committ evil sinful crimes against the other sinners of community. There is no other solution other than to take away all rights so that we can assure the saftey and order for the rest. My advisor also says that another great thinker once said, "The needs many outwiegh the needs of the one or the few." (Science Officer Spock, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan) This is why we need absolute power with one person that can maintain the power. This way the least amount of people, who are corrupt by nature, are exempt from destroying order. I will conclude my short autobiography by say that these right which are in question are without value or worth and is pointless to discuss to argue on a topic so useless. I look forward disputing all of your points because they are truly wrong.

12 comments:

  1. Wollstonecraft (Ryan Teng):
    I must say, your manner of speech is quite brilliant, however your ideas are not. Why in the world would humans dare lay hands on one another? I would never dare touch any of my friends in such a cruel and discourteous manner, I do not believe a soul on this Earth would harm one another as long as we have a righteous and proper social and economic order

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly shocked that you out of all the great great thinkers, being that you are a lady, would be so ignorant and thick headed to ignore all the crimes and abusive actions against your gender. Unless you are saying that beating women is perfectly fine and it is proper which is the only thing I can think you mean by this. Oh and before I go out to watch the races, thank you my dear lady for your wonderfully kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse thou?! If memory serves me right, I had not spoken a word of abuse. What makes you bring this point up to light? Some men have unfortunately beat their wives and attacked women, this is true, but this is also why we must have a social order! Men only beat their wives because they see women as lower than them. We don't get equal education to man, and we don't get equal rights to man, so we are unfairly treated as lower than man. When there is a strong and reformed system of social order, this will happen less and less, as men will start to see women as their equals instead of a lower uneducated being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now let me, my good lady, propose another, better, more sensible resolution. I say we take away those freedoms and abuse will be eradicated and order will prevail. Education is long and costly, however a government that strips the power of these men will be a swift and effective approach. Thank you once more for you just helped me further prove my point.

      Delete
    2. Your manner is quite cocky, so you cannot see the flawed hubris of your words. If man were to run a government, in which restricts the power of men, then who will stop that man, who you yourself has described as a "cruel, greedy, sinful barbarian," from corrupting this perfect government and ruling all with an iron fist?

      Delete
    3. Well as we can see this government, which you gave the title of "perfect", is not in fact perfect. there are famines, plagues, violence and abuse. Again the only way i can interpret those words, which you spoke with hatred and furry, as your agreement with the violence acts, abuses and inequality as right, proper and just. You may want to reconsider, my dear Mrs. Wollstonecraft, the tone which you aggressively persecute someone, for you have earned my thanks, once again, for showing our peers the true and barbaric form of man.

      Delete
  4. My bad, good fellows, for I have been cursed by God himself with atrocious spelling. I intended to say fury. My dearest apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You win. I give up. Good argument. *Handshake*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my Dear, as i must say once more for I am a true gentleman.

      Delete