Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wollstonecraft (Angelica Mirandou)

Greetings, my name is Mary Wollstonecraft. I was born in London on the 27th day of April in 1759, but sadly my life came to an end on September 10th 1797. My life spent on Earth was not wasted I've accomplished many things in 38 years. What I am most famous for though is my philosophical point of view on the way women act and are treated. I saw most women use men to get what they wanted and I believed that was absurd. I watched these women around me do this constantly and I couldn't help but look at them with rage. Later I learned that it was not the women's fault. Due to the absence of education these women didn't know how to act with logic. With proper education I believed that women and men could be see as equals and receive equal treatment. I spent most of my life pondering issues that women were involved in which was pretty much everything. I also published many of my ideas including Vindication on the Rights of Woman and Maria, or the Wrongs of WomanDuring this time though I also got married to William Godwin and we had a daughter together who would soon be the author of Frankenstein. My life was not wasted looking back I am satisfied with what I accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment