Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Locke (Julian Wu)

Hello, my name is John Locke and I am an English man. I was born on August 29th, 1632 and died on October 28th 1704. My work as an Enlightenment thinker influenced many other people, including other Enlightenment thinkers, such as Rousseau and Voltaire. Well, first let me tell you a little bit about myself. I was born in a small village named Wrington, in a county named Somerset. My parents were Puritans, so I was raised to think like an English Protestant. Thanks to my father, also named John Locke, and his connection to the English government, I received a wonderful education. My mom was named Agnes Locke. She was born in the same village as I was. When I was 15, I enrolled at Westminster School in London, where I earned the honor of being named a "King's Scholar." 5 years later, I acquired the opportunity to attend Christ Church, one of the most prestigious schools in Oxford. Throughout the rest of my life, I met one of the most important people I would ever know. Lord Ashley, or also known as Earl of Shaftsbury. This man influenced my life in many ways. He told me to move to London. My works have all been influenced by him. His idea on rule and government always stayed in my head. My general belief is that everyone deserves the right to liberty, life, and property. Our government was chosen by our people to serve them, so it is the government's responsibility to protect and serve its people. I also think that checks and balances are an important part to prevent tyranny. It allows for a 3-part system in the government where no one will obtain too much power and keep an equal balance. As I have said before, "All mankind... being equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions." Everyone has natural rights, immediately put into action when they are born. I hope people strive to follow these standards, and continue to make life as "right" as possible.

13 comments:

  1. Wollstonecraft (Ryan Teng):
    Very well said, dear friend. I believe that we should not be placing our focus so much on protecting rights, but instead to make them equal for all. My fellow women and I represent half the population, yet we are being left out of this Enlightenment Era and are missing out on the chance to share our mindset with the world. What do you propose we do about this matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I see the solution to your dilemma, my Dear. One could simply disband the rights of the people then all people of every race, gender, or religion would be at peace. I tis the closest thing to World Peace that were are able to obtain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, my Dear, I have had to thank you countless times on this good day, and I see myself doing it many times in the near future. This only supports my belief in the evil in humanity an why it must be suppressed. As for you, dear Johnathan, I apologize for this barbaric woman's actions in your thread and resolve to suppress her ability to do so in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you can see the wench is trying to hide her words. I beg your forgiveness.

      Delete
    2. *sigh* I try to get away from him but he never leaves me alone

      Delete
    3. LEAVE ALREADY. I TURNED YOUR HAND DOWN ONCE I CAN DO IT AGAIN

      Delete
    4. Are you sure you are certain you are trying to seek equality, because your views are turning to the search for asylum, of the insane kind.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. I apologize for turning your post into a war ground my good sir, I promise that this man will never bother you again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I do. My only regret is that I was unable to purge this women's ideals from your post.

      Delete