Thursday, October 24, 2013

Alyssa Kanis - Marie Antoinette
       In all seriousness, I Marie Antoinette respectfully applaud the outcome and conclusion of the Haitian Revolution, as it being a major factor in the overall revolutions in South America. Due to my silent yet massive compassion to those less fortunate than my royal family and I, I am glad too know the rebels and slaves were able too stick up for themselves, with the help of their brilliant leader Toussaint L'Ouverture as commander and general. With them working together against many enemies such as armies from France, Spain, and Britain and against the brutal terror sent from plantation owners, I am satisfied with their own satisfaction of abolishing slavery and gaining control over the island in 1798. I recall the act of Napoleon Bonaparte sending the army to reconquer the colony. I recall the act of napoleon Bonaparte being of pure evil. The struggle he had put those hardworking slaves through was unfathomable, I shook hearing the dreaded news that night. Outspoken those victorious slaves proved as powerful, and I am overjoyed they were able to stick with it! I never thought I would say this but God Bless the yellow fever, for it destroying those French troops gave me quite a laugh. It is what they deserved all along, putting slaves through what they go through was too harsh. People should be treated as equal, which is why I agree with the island now declared as independent under the name of Haiti. I agree this revolution was a total success due to the outcomes for the people and by the people.

1 comment:

  1. Napoleon

    Marie Antoinette! I cannot believe you would say this. You know what it is like to have your people rebel against you! What the did was selfish and took away from their sugar industry. They need to learn their place. What they did was ridiculous and a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete