Monday, October 7, 2013

Imprisoned Clergy (Yash Gokhale)

"DEATH TO THE PRIEST" Every night I sit in my cell, trying to concentrate on the drops of water which break on the hard stone floor. "DEATH." A mouse scurries on the floor and I wonder what it is feeling. "TO." I wonder what my daughter is doing right now, I hope she's safe. "THE" I'm sure I'll get out of here soon and things will just get back to how they used to be. "PRIEST!!" I try not to listen to the hundreds of people chanting for my head on a stake but no matter what I try they keep breaking my thought. I don't think I'm going to leave this prison alive, I've heard of the massacres. A mob of peasants murdered a carriage full of clergy prisoners just the other day. Oh Lord. What if that was my brother!When will this useless bloodshed end, I just want to get back to my family. "DEATH TO THE PRIEST!!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment