Friday, October 25, 2013

Danton (Meran Topalian)

I love whenever one brings up the word Revolution. It makes me think of almost a mass body of people coming together to achieve something they have always wanted. With enough support a positive revolution can lead to an expected reality. Being the President of the Committee of Public Safety I strongly am for the process of a Revolution, especially a Revolution that is to get rid of a greedy Monarchy. I understand the flaws and imperfections of a Revolution such as death, but in reality the lives lost are the energy to keep getting closer to the goal. When looking at the actions/events of the Haitian Revolution it completely 100% backs up my views on Revolution. Indeed Haiti abolished slavery within their country and also won their independence. However, their leader Toussaint L'Ouverture was captured which basically kept on stimulation their fight for what they wanted and in this case it was abolition and independence. As I stated before, there must be sacrifice to achieve an ultimate goal. Haiti, in this case, didn't give up their fight of independence until they held it firm in their hands together as a united country!

1 comment:

  1. (Toussaint L'Ouveture)
    Thank you my good friend, I am pleased to be even recognized by an enlightened thinker as yourself. Revolution is clearly a must in most colonies including my home island of Haiti. It is always known that with revolution there will be sacrifices and consequences. The capturing of me in only a slight hinder in our path to glory. I bid you good luck in your quest for revolution as well.

    ReplyDelete