Monday, October 7, 2013

Woman (Meran Topalian)

It was a very dark time in my life; one that I do not like to share. Blood, anger, and riots were normal but peace, happiness, and life were their in despair. It felt like it would never stop but the anger in people's riots kept me awake. I was with my family near L'Abbaye prison when all the sudden we all heard shrieks of fear and sounds of pure anger. There in front of my eyes and in my children's eyes to which I tried to shield were 24 priests being slain by an angry mob as they were being transported to L'Abbaye. Blood filled the streets immediately and nothing could be done. The mob's work was not done. After they grotesquely killed all the priests they went on into the prison to kill more and a lot under the age of 18! This was just the start of something that showed that our government was not stable and indeed needed to change. Over the span of 5 days, more riots broke out at other prisons to which my own eyes encountered. I saw the most gruesome of actions committed toward us women that to no one should ever happen. I saw rape. I saw mutilated women laying on the streets of France; DEAD! The gruesome images put forth are fact and truly disturbing, but this is how people react when their governments are doing everything in their power to make their people happy!!!

1 comment:

  1. You women need to chill out. You don't have it bad at all. Rape is no reason to get all worked up, us noblemen are locked in jail and you're just complaining about things that don't need to be changed.

    ReplyDelete