Monday, October 7, 2013

Sans-culottes (Kenny Shanos)

It is my duty to try and attain peace and freedom from the terrible King Louis XVI.  I have seen way too much dictatorship and harsh ruling from our King that it was time to take action using violence.  I believe it is right that I stood up and killed many people.  I did this on the behalf of saving France from a tradgedy that has already begun to happen.  People all around are mad at me and my fellow san-culottes for taking these harsh actions.  They are necessary though to make France and Paris a better place in the long term.  King Louis and his supporters do not understand how much the third estate is suffering.  It was great that I took radical actions to help stop these terrible actions from occuring in the future.  I am finally happy that we, the san-culottes, have made an impact and instituted violence to show how mad we really are about this matter.  People should be free and have equality, and that is why I am here, standing up against my leader to try and make life more fair and equal.  I will continue to defend my point of view until I get my way.

3 comments:

  1. How is it fair for innocent people to be killed by a mob? Not all of the prisoners were nobles and clergy. Some were just ordinary people who didn't deserve to die. Radical actions may bring about change, but sometimes the ends do not justify the means. There may be no one left in France that opposes the revolution, but is it really necessary to eliminate all of its enemies through violence just to make sure the revolutionaries are in power? There are more moderate approaches that would be much more aligned with the ideals of freedom and justice that fueled the revolution in the first place.
    -Woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Mr. Sans-Culotte, I noticed you said you wanted to prevent problems like those caused by the nobles from happening again in the future. Well, I have truly a genius idea for you. Now you would agree when I say it was those in charge of the government that caused your problems, yes? Well, I suggest that you make a new government, and in order to prevent history from repeating itself, why not consider separating the power into three branches? Think about it! That way, no one group has all the power and therefore no one group can dominate the government! C'est tres fantasique, non?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Friendly Neighborhood Philosophe,
      Montesquieu

      Delete