Monday, October 7, 2013

Sans-culottes (Rachel Latham)

Our revolution is working! The latest massacre has proved that we are beginning to remold our country into a marvelous country; a country where there is love for our beautiful country, and fairness for all citizens. I believe that the massacres were justified. Why wouldn't we want to protect our liberty? Our country is reborn, and in this time we must protect our new republic which many have aspired to create since the revolution. Finally! The common folk have a say in our new government, unlike the old one. The massacres were merely a small sacrifice to ensure that the republic will stay. The new republic ensures that everything will be equal and fair to law-abiding citizens like myself. Once more, the massacres were only a small price to pay to ensure the success of our republic and everyone's liberty. The people who were killed in the massacres only stood between our liberty and our love for the new republic anyways. Those people were merely criminals to begin with, if they were following the law, they would have been content with their families and not imprisoned. Liberty and our republic must be protected at all costs.

2 comments:

  1. Why would you wish to have our country "reborn"?! In my mind it was perfectly fine the way it was beforehand... I mean no one was really suffering! I mean who can blame inequality on my family and I! It is your fault that you peasants were born so lowly in the first place! Who needs the Republic when you could be satisfied with my family's rule! Trust me- the massacres are unnecessary, and liberty- why do you so strongly need it?! Ugh, you Revolutionaries are frustrating!
    -Member of the royal family

    ReplyDelete
  2. What revolution? This isn't going to work, so I wouldn't even bother continuing. I am living the life of a urban worker in a jail cell, blocked by iron bars.You all think you have got it good, but in a matter of a couple of days, I will return to power. I can picture the next title for the newspaper: Revolution Failed. You will all be stopped and everything will go back to normal. This is absurd. You people need to be checked into a hospital. I do not deserve any of this. I am in prison for nothing. I have done nothing wrong. I deserve better. I provide social services to you all, and in return I am put into prison. When I am freed, I will get revenge on all of you. I SAID ALL OF YOU! SO WATCH OUT!
    -Imprisoned Nobleman (Romina Garakani)

    ReplyDelete