Saturday, October 26, 2013

Robespierre (Sarah Schumacher)

Revolution has spread! Hurray! Let the spirit of Revolution spread throughout the world. Revolution is the only way to make a change, diplomacy does nothing! Revolt! Congratulations to the Haitians, continue to revolt. For change will be in your future, just like the French! We support your Revolution and are excited to see your outcome. Fight with fiery and passion in your heart, but always keep practicality and logic in your mind! VIVE LA REVOLUTION! LET ALL CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS BE STOPPED! REVOLUTION IS THE ONLY WAY! Be strong in the tough times, for they will soon come. You will be oppressed, but fight back! VIVE LA REVOLUTION! VIVE LA REVOLUTION! VIVE LA REVOLUTION!

2 comments:

  1. Olympe de Gouges

    I celebrate the revolting of Haiti with you, but I do not only support it because it is a rebellion. To you it seems that this revolution is just another battle where people are dying for change. I do not think you realize why Haiti is actually doing this. I think it is great you support them, but you should also understand why they are revolting. Once you understand that you can support what they are fighting for to support Haiti even more. I support Haiti because they are abolishing slavery making everyone in Haiti feel more equal. I support equality amongst all people you should have a better reason to support Haiti because supporting them just because they are revolting is nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robespierre (Eva Lindquist)

    Oh dear, "I" really went overboard there, didn't I? That must be my older self speaking. (I'm the version from before the whole Revolution started. Yes, I somehow know the future.)
    I, myself, think that it is good that Haiti freed itself, even if they freed themselves from *us* (France). The trouble is, it seems that their revolution is more complicated than ours was. The racial prejudices, along with the class prejudices, will make it hard to resolve this.
    Glad they freed themselves, first though. The Revolution must live!

    ReplyDelete