Friday, October 25, 2013

Jose de San Martin (Olivia Harrington)

Revolution after revolution, the world was slowly progressing each and every day. I took part in the Argentine Revolution, and I also successfully defeated the Spanish in Chile and Peru. Another revolution during my time was the Haitian Revolution. I believe that this revolution was good for South America. The reason for this revolution was because slavery was eliminated, which I completely agree with. Slavery should not have been legal because this goes against freedom and equality among the people. Isn't this what we all wanted? Isn't freedom and equality a good slogan to have? Everyone should be treated equal, but just because of their skin color, they are not. I believe that it is very unfair. Luckily, because the the Haitian Revolution, slavery was eliminated. The Haitian Revolution was said to be a very successful slave rebellion. The yellow fever, in France, cause France to become weaker, and Haiti took advantage of this. After this, Haiti gained their independence in 1804. Overall, this revolution was a major success and I agree and support the result of it.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olympe de Gouges

      I agree! Yes there is progression in the world slowly, but surely. I only took part in the French revolution, but you are someone who has had much more experience than I and you also agree with revolution. I also agree with you on how everyone should be treated equally. I am an advocate for women's rights, but I believe all people men, women, people of all different color, and social status should be treated equally. If revolution is what it takes to get to the point of equality than so be it! Seeing slavery get abolished in Haiti is such a good thing because they are already on their way to becoming equal. I join you in your support of Haiti. The people of Haiti have done nothing wrong they have only done what is right.

      Delete
  2. Napoleon

    I can see the point you are making here but I have to disagree. This Revolution was terrible. The only thing it did was make if so that Haiti stopped producing sugar for sometime! Nothing positive came from this Revolution what so ever. The slaves need to learn their place. Their job is to stay in the fields and continue to do their work so that France can prosper. The only thing they did was mess up Frances economy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! Abolishing slavery was completely the right path towards a brighter future. It is creating the means for equality, and i believe all people no matter what race or color society should be treated the same under the law. The support of the independence of Haiti is fantastic, and well deserved. This revolution is leading us to greater results of all aspects of reform!

    ReplyDelete