Thursday, October 24, 2013

Louis XVIII (Brian Gemma)

Revolutions are never the solution to any problems. Most do not even achieve anything. There are a lot of deaths, and there is violence all over the country. It is just not worth it. The government gets a much larger workload, and things don't usually end up the way the people think it will. That should mean something coming from me. The Haitian revolution did accomplish many things that it intended to. It is just one of the few. They abolished slavery and got their independence. Their leader, Toussaint L'Ouverture was captured which was one of their key motivations in this revolution. I feel that for there to be victory, there must be a sacrifice. It doesn't always have to result in death though. I was actually in favor of this revolution, simply because the person I hate the most, Napoleon, failed. It was great to see him, not my country of France, go down. I do not agree with most revolutions, but this is a special case. I hate Napoleon from the bottom of my heart, and the best feeling is to see him get defeated. Haiti's revolution proved to be one of the better revolutions, but if it were any other revolution, my feelings would not be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment