Monday, October 7, 2013

Imprisoned Nobleman (Romina Garakani)

I used to live a good life. I used to brag that I didn't have to pay taxes. I used to be wealthy. I used to be high class-- wait, I still am. These bars of iron are stopping me from all the right that I have. I am of high class. I should not be associated with these low class urban workers. The Jacobins are ruining my entire life! I am living the life of a Third Estate. It feels like I am turning into one of them. UGH...I need to never think of that ever again. I deserve better. The burns in my heart are being cooled down knowing that these people who are ruining my life are getting killed. They deserve it. They ruin my life, I ruin theirs. The Radicals are doing a very nice job. I wish I could award them. Now, someone needs to get me out of this filthy jail cell!!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot start to imagine the filthy conditions that you are being forced to live in. Thank the Heavens that my family and I are ever so wealthy and powerful that we need not worry about jail! This does give me the slightest of concerns though, that once they have come for you, we'll be next! Oh I dread to think what those awful radicals are up to!
    -Member of the Royal Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. It literally pains my heart to understand the depth of cruelty and arrogance to which some people sink. You speak of squalor? Of misery? Of filth? Your ignorance of these subjects is unfathomable. Your kind stepped on the necks of the majority of our beautiful country and held us down until we could barely breath. You held lavish fests while we went days with but a single piece of burned bread in our stomachs. You lounged about in lavish clothes while we writhed in layer upon layer of grime and dirt. Taxes scuttled away from you, the wealthy, and clung to our impoverished backs. You flourished while we suffered. Yet, when we see the light, when we finally fight for the rights that we deserve, you DARE call us awful? You DARE call us the destroyers of "innocent" lives? You lament that you are living the life of a Third Estate? You only wish you were. You only wish that you could see the world as we do, that you could view people in the way that we do. It is truly a pity that the veil that is noble birth prevents reason from ever escaping your mouth. You may believe that you are a high class individual that is being persecuted wrongly all you want. However, you earned every moment of suffering you currently endure. You never earned your ability to squash our lives. You simply hid behind the umbrella that is your "famous" family and ensured that the pedestal that society put you on never fell down. But guess what? We destroyed it. It now lays shattered in pieces on the ground, leaving you on the same level as us. It's better this way. Long live the revolution!

    ReplyDelete