Monday, October 7, 2013

Royal Family Member (Ben Acker)

Never-ending. All we've done is run and run, hoping they can't catch us. My feet are blistering, but my servants aren't here to bandage them. Where have they all gone? Mother told me that they needed to leave for a while, and that we needed to go too. When can we get something to eat? I hope we can go back soon. My brothers and sisters want to play with me, but we left all our toys at home because we were hurrying. Father seems very worried about our vacation. Maybe he forgot to tell everyone he was going, and now they are sad. Everyone was so happy when we were with them. All the farmers and noblemen alike would come to my house and give cool stuff to Father when he sat on his big and shiny throne. One time, we received a super shiny statue of Father and Mother together! The only thing Mother has told me is that some people who we rule over tried to be mean to some people who didn't listen to us, and now they want to try and be mean to us. Can't we all just be friends?

2 comments:

  1. Imprisoned Noblemen/Clergy (Braden Fleming) - I agree with you! It is ridiculous that people like us are being chased away or put in prison. We are people too and the Jacobins are making a big mistake. The first and second estate have been a major part in keeping France a successful country, and these peasants better be ready for a rude awakening because they are to uneducated to understand that we, the people who make decisions, have kept this country together. Although we have made some mistakes, the country hasn't fallen apart yet, the people from the third estate crave things that is not good for our nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royal family member, I definitely disagree with you. The royal family is very corrupt and only cares about themselves. They don't care about how many people are revolting against them. You don't even care how many people are dying for this revolution. Running away from death is not the option to solve the problem. If you could have resolved the issue in a non-violence environment, then all of these massacres would not be occurring. But you decided that your way was better, and you didn't care for the starving people, like me, a sans-culotte. You are receiving medals and statues while I am yearning to feed my family. How is that fair? You should look at the big picture of things. Start caring about others and see how it would feel to be us. Then, maybe you would think twice about wanting to keep the power and nobility that you have.
    Sincerely, a sans-culottes

    ReplyDelete