Monday, October 7, 2013

Women (Chris Wright)

I was walking to market like i did every day. As usual I would walk by the Champ de Mars just like any other day. As I was passing the Champ de Mars there were a unusal amount of people there who weren't very happy, screaming about a republic and the revolution and how the National Assembly needed to do more. I didn't like how we were treated by the nobles and upper class so I wasn't against the protest, It seemed like a minor thing. Then the Nation Assembbly's army showed up to surpress the crowd. Peasants began to shout and throw rocks at the armed men. I started to walk towards the commotion when I heard a shot. The shot was never pointed at anyone but on cue the other guards pointed at the people. Then fired. Soon a protest was turning into a massacre! Bodies everywhere. A sea of blood seemed to form where the ground had been. I turned to run away but i tripped a fell on the dead body of a young man. I was soon sprinting home, crying hoping my son and husband were safe. When will this terror end?

2 comments:

  1. Jacobin (Brian Gemma)
    Do you want to know when this terror will end? This terror will end when everyone decides to stop messing around. The leaders need to do what is best for the Revolution. If something does not go to plan, or someone is threatening the Revolution. Why throw rocks at the troops? It is so unnecessary. The troops were being threatened so they acted accordingly. They were not just going to allow people to throw rocks at them. The scene could have gotten a whole lot worse if the soldiers didn't do anything. The people are causing the terror for themselves. If they stopped acting dumb, then they wouldn't have gotten hurt in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete