Monday, October 7, 2013

Sans-Culottes (Olivia Harrington)

The first terror of the Reign of Terror. What a good day it was. People called this terror the "September Massacres." Being a sans-culotte, I push for revolution in a more radical way, and I push for a republic. I believe that every man is equal and I disagree with the Estate's General. In the Estate's General, we are ranked in the third estate which means we pay all the taxes, and make up a large amount of the population. When the Prussians invaded Paris, all of us sans-culottes did not freak out as much as the nobility. Angry mobs were attacking the prisons and killing prisoners. We wanted to change social structures through revolution, so we believed that this attack was a good thing. Every shot was a good shot. The people attacking wanted to destroy the legislative branch, which we were not in favor of. We wanted a republic government, or a government ruled by elected representatives instead of one monarch. We provided strength behind the September Massacres by shifting crowds of militant sans-culottes. I am proud to have won freedom from this massacre, even if some people had to suffer.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! Our enemies fear us, fear having the ability to strengthen our revolution, strength having the ability too support us. You have mentioned survival of upmost importance over the suffering of some people, which I am in full agreement with as well. Change of social structure and change of governmental election were for the good. Today is a great day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Member of the royal family
    This is absolutely terrible! It is people like you who have destroyed my family! You cannot just go around spreading these evil words. What you are doing is not good at all! You have gone against me and my family, and we are your rulers. It is bad enough that you started this Revolution now it has gone too far!

    ReplyDelete